Our methods for collecting and processing personal data comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) introduced by the European Union on 25 May 2018.
If you have any concerns about how your personal data has been collected, processed or used by Green Rhino, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can write to: Data Protection Officer, Green Rhino, The Old Stables, The Gattinetts, East Bergholt, CO7 6QT, UK
We collect and store the following information which you give us voluntarily:
- Customers – When you become a customer, we may collect the following information: name, job title, company name, address, office telephone number, mobile telephone number and email address. We require this information in order to create and manage your account and provide you with customer support.
- Prospects – When you request product information or a site visit from us, we may collect the same information as if you were a customer. We require this information to contact you, send you information, or visit you.
- Mailing list subscribers – When you subscribe to one of our mailing lists, we collect your email address and ‒ if you provide them ‒ name, company and job title.
We may send you emails or letters about our products, news and events. We never sell, rent or otherwise disclose your data to third parties for marketing purposes.
All emails from Green Rhino include options for you to unsubscribe completely from marketing communications or update your preferences.
If you are not a customer, the lawful basis on which we send business-to-business (B2B) letters or emails, based on GDPR’s six lawful bases, is legitimate interest. This means that because of your role, and the company you work for, we may assume that our products are of legitimate interest to you.
Disclosure of personal information
Green Rhino never discloses personal information to third parties, unless one of the following limited exceptions applies.
- Green Rhino may disclose personal information to companies that help us process transactions on your account. Such companies are not allowed to use or sell your personal data.
- We may disclose information to group companies of Green Rhino.
- Green Rhino may use the services of GDPR-compliant third party companies to manage email or postal marketing campaigns. Such companies are authorised to use your personally identifiable data only for the benefit of Green Rhino and its group companies.
- Where required by law or to protect and defend its rights or property Green Rhino may disclose or report personal information. For example, Green Rhino may be required to co-operate with regulators or law enforcement authorities, resolve consumer disputes or to perform credit or authentication checks that require the use of your personal information.
- Where information is disclosed to third parties we ensure that they have suitable policies in place to protect your personal information, which prohibit them from using your personal information for their own marketing purposes, or sell it on, and require them to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information.
You have the following rights:
- To request what personal information of yours we hold.
- To request that this data be updated.
- To request that this data is deleted or partially deleted from our systems.
When you ask us to delete your personal data, we will delete it from all mailing lists within seven days.
If requested, we will delete all other personal information one year after you cease to be a customer in order to comply with our contractual and legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can write to:
Data Protection Officer, Green Rhino, The Old Stables, The Gattinetts, East Bergholt, CO7 6QT, UK
Personal data breach
Upon becoming aware of a breach to our systems involving personal data, Green Rhino will notify each affected customer of the breach without undue delay.
3rd Party websites
While browsing any of our websites, you may be able to access third party websites through a hyperlink. Green Rhino assumes no responsibility for the content or privacy policies at such third party websites.
Green Rhino takes reasonable and prudent precautions to ensure that your personally identifiable data is protected against unauthorised access, use, or disclosure. Your personal data will be stored on our secure servers which incorporate both password and firewall protection.